It seems like an eternity ago since we started raising funds to move to Haiti. Here is a little recap of this year:
- Made a trip to Haiti in October 2017 with the Board of Directors to seek God’s will for the next steps in coming alongside Bill & Jenn.
- Visited Red Bridge early December 2017 to make introductions and meet with the Missions committee.
- Officially commissioned by the Board of Directors on January 5th, 2018 – Note this was 15 years to the day that Red Bridge officially commissioned the Campbells in 2003.
- Started sending out information about HHH and us on January 6th.
- Received our 1st donation from a long-time friend of the family, Randy Reed, February 1st.
- We made our first visit to a church to present on February 25, 2018. (First Baptist Grain Valley) Our home church for almost eight years when we lived in the Kansas City area. Up until this point the first six weeks of fundraising went by slowly, in fact we had not received any calls or emails from our flyers and our attempts to contact potential supporters had not produced a single appointment.
- From February 25 thru June 24th we only had one Sunday that we were not presenting at a church!
- That also meant that thru those four months we have raised approximately 80% of our funds needed!
God has blessed us throughout this experience. We have been touched by the warmth and open arms folks have extended to us as we visited church after church after church. We hope that our presentations have helped bring a better understanding of what HHH does and what we hope to do when we reach the field later this year. Thank you for your prayers, gifts and hospitality.
We are in the final push of fundraising and still need to gather that last 20%, but we have seen God’s provision as friends and strangers have generously supported us and have no doubts that we will make it shortly. We are excited to begin the planning stage for the move to Haiti.